I know I have been around even less than usual, and for that I apologize. I have been trying to find the proper way to honor my mother with her anniversary only 3 days away. I found this piece online and thought I would share it with you as well...you never know when it may come in handy.
Honor Loved Ones- Make a Memory Candle
Adapted from By Candlelight, by Diana Rosen
If you want to remember a departed human or animal loved one, the simple act Of Making a Memory Candle can bring great relief and healing. You can also doThis To celebrate someone living, or to mark an important event like a graduation. Either way, the Memory Candle is a beautiful way to honor someone important To You.
SIMPLE SOLUTION:
1. Decide who you would like to honor in this way: it could Be A deceased relative, friend, or companion animal, or someone with whom you Have Lost contact but still want to remember.
2. Choose a clear glass candle holder--a water tumbler or glass works well.
3. Find a photograph of the person you wish to honor in this way and make a Photocopy of it, enlarging or reducing it to fit the height of the candle Holder. If you don’t have a photo, you could do a simple drawing or make a Photocopy of a memento you associate with that person or animal.
4. Wrap the photocopy around the glass and tape it securely. Place a Nontoxic Beeswax or soywax candle in the glass. Place the Memory Candle in a special Safe Place and light the candle. The soft glow of the candlelight will illuminate the photograph in a very Beautiful and special way.
5. You can also pay homage to the living by naming this an "Honor Candle" And Using a photograph to celebrate a graduation, marriage, birthday, retirement Anniversary, or other accomplishment of note.
http://www.care2.oom/greenliving/memory-candle-honor-loved-ones.html
Brightest Blessings
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave me a comment if you are so inclined..you may disagree with me, but be nice about it please!!