Ok so normally I would ask on facebook, but there is more of a chance of my kid seeing it there. She knows about my blog, but I dont think she reads it. I guess we shall soon find out. After a long talk with her step mom, she wants a Nook for Christmas. So I started doing some research on it. Basically it's an ereader with all types of capabilities. The problem is this. It has wifi and 3G access if you get the 'latest' model with no parental controls. Yep thats right, no parental controls. I don't know about you but I would like to keep my not quite 16 year old daughters internet experience under lock and key. So if I get her this device, theres no way to keep her off the net? Or facebook for that matter? Because of course..the Nook anyway is an Android platform device with all sorts of apps and everything else you can imagine. Just like my ipod touch but ..bigger and better? I don't know. So my question is this: Do you own and ereader and if so..what can you tell me about yours? Do you allow your children on it? What's a mom to do? Is there one with parental controls that google just has not brought to the forfront for me? I got dizzy reading all the articles on comparisons and what have you but the one thing they all seem to have in common is lack of parental controls. So if I decide no Nook or another eReader..then wth do I do ?!?!
Thanks in advance for your input!
Brightest Blessings!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave me a comment if you are so inclined..you may disagree with me, but be nice about it please!!