another dollar..right? LOL! Wouldn't THAT be nice! Soo..there's been a few developments since the last time I wrote. I was pretty upset at that time. Everything is starting to grow on me. Just waiting on the papers to come through to make it all official. One set came through, but I had to send them back unsigned. Hopefully soon they correct ones will come through. Enough about all that though.
So..almost 3 weeks ago now, I went and had some blood work done. It was supposed to be done before Christmas but I got busy. Anyhow, they called and I had to go back for more. The bottom line is now that I am officially a T2 diabetic. At first, in pure Judy style, I was hysterical. The more research I did and continue to do..the more knowledgable I become and the less scary it is. I still have education classes to attend. I have had to change the way I eat..mostly WHAT I eat and drink. I have to count carbs and watch calorie intake. It seemed totally overwhelming at first. It's not too bad. My problem is the portion sizes so far. Have you ever looked at the portion size for say...a bowl of cereal? Phew. I have had to drop Pepsi pretty much all together. Regular Pepsi anyway. I am a Pepsi addict so that is proving to be one of the hardest parts about all of this. I had a diet pepsi the other day but it really didnt have the same effect. A lot has changed fairly quickly. Before, I was lucky if I had one decent meal a day. Now I eat 3 meals a day and 2 snacks. More veggies and fruit. Lots of water. My blood glucose levels have stabilized. It was weird, because I didn't think I felt different or anything before the diagnoses. Now I know that feeling general crappy all the time is not good. Let's just hope that I can stay on the route. MY health is worth it I think. I am going to have a lot more ME time..so why not do everything I can to try and take care of myself?
Bright Blessings!!
my husband is a diabetic and he struggles with his diet as well and the restrictions that have been place on him. Since he has had diabetes he has been quite sick and we found out recently that he is actually allergic to sugar free products and even though he should be having them he can't.
ReplyDeleteI hope you can get your diet sorted.
Have a great week.