Work has been going very well, up until this Wednesday night. I was scheduled to work 11-7 and the closer called out. Since I had never actually closed the deli myself, I asked permission to stay and help close so I would know what to do in the future. That was when I sliced my thumb on the cheese slicer. Nice right? I was hysterical because I know what this is going to sound like..but when I instantly saw my blood pour out of my finger I thought for sure I was a goner. Of course it wasn't that bad Thank Goddess, but it was enough to scare the heck out of me!! Guess I won't be closing again anytime soon. Long story short, went to the ER and they glued my thumb laceration closed. I can go back to work tomorrow morning. It is still seeping a bit but I had to wait a few days because they wanted to make sure the glue was dry..as anyone who works in food service knows..there is a LOT of handwashing involved.
Luckily I was already scheduled off on Thursday so really I will only miss one day. Still..I guess I should know by now that if something is going to happen it will happen to me!
Fall is beginning to show it's face..one of my favorite times of year. The only downer is that we've been getting a lot of rain, which does wonders for my dispostion
My daughter is supposed to be visiting me this weekend, so if all goes as planned it should be a nice visit. She has a pretty serious boyfriend now. He seems like a nice kid. We shall see how that goes.
That's my life in a nutshell for now.
Brightest Blessings!!
Greetings Judy! I sure hope by now that your thumb has healed up by now. Fall flew in here and left just that fast. Last night it was down to 34 degrees. I say if it is going to be that cold, then we should get the snow to go with it. From now on think, only good things will happen to me, don't allow the "if something is going to happen" to creep in. The Law of Attraction hears you loud and clear. Wishing you a weekend filled with laughter.
ReplyDelete(((HUGS)))